There are a whole host of emotions that a woman who had an abortion feels, but if I had to pick the main ones, here are the top 8 on my list:
- Humiliation – ” I am so humuliated about what others who found out had to say”
- Guilt – “I should have never done it. Because I did it, I will never be able to have children again”
- Shame – “I can never allow anyone to know what I did”
- Hopelessness – “There is no hope of a future. I can never overcome this.
- Low self worth – “I feel like nothing. I am so stupid for doing what I did”
- Fear – “Because of what I did, I would never
- Resentment – “I resent myself or the other other person”
- Anger – “I am so angry with myself right now. I could never forgive myself”
If you are a woman who had an abotion and you identify with any of these 10 emotions, I want to reassure you today that God is a healer and a deliverer and wants to deliver you for the pain of your past.
Accept His offer today and move on!
Here are some key scriptures that can help you overcome these negative emotions:
- James 2: 10
- Proverbs 28:13
- Jeremiah 2:22
- Isaiah 1:18
- Psalm 103:12
- Psalm 38:4
- 2 Chronicles 30:9
- Isaiah 6:7
- 1 John 1:6-7
- Romans 8:1
- Hebrews 10: 19-22
- Psalm 27:1
- Isaiah 43:1-2
- Psalm 34:4
- John 14:27
- Isaiah 41:10
- 2 Timothy 1:7
- Philippians 4:6-7
- Hebrews 13:5-6
For more details on how to overcome the pain of abortion, grab a copy of my book: The Truth ABout Abortion: Overcoming the Devil’s Trick With Christ.