We all know that we are in the last days and we cannot continue with business as usual and living life the way we lived it before. So if you have just ended a relationship, God wants you to press the pause button now and WAIT. Do not run to another woman or man, run into the arms of God.
There are some very important things that God wants to do in your life in this season. There are some changes that He wants to make. He wants you to move away from a life of fornication so that He can not only prepare you for a beautiful marriage with the one in the future but most importantly, prepare you to walk in the divine purpose for which He created you. He wants you to stop seeking solace in the arms of a partner, and seek Him instead.
Here are 5 reasons why God wants you to WAIT:
- God wants to teach you his standard of relationships. Over the years some of us have adopted some not-so-right ideas about relationships. During the waiting process, God will help you unlearn the world’s standard and He will teach you His standard by which you are called to live.
- God wants to make you a true worshipper. The word of God tells us that we have been created to worship God. Some of us have worshipped and idolized partners for many years and have neglected the One who created us. As you wait, God will help you come into alignment with your calling of being a true worshipper.
- God wants you to live a life of sexual purity. God will use the waiting season to teach you what it means to be sexually pure, why you must remain sexually pure and most importantly, He will help you live a sexually pure life.
- God wants to deliver you from your past hurts. There are some real hurts that you have been through; from past relationships and from as far back as childhood. You are not aware that these hindrances have affected your relationships in the past and surely have hindered you from walking in the purpose that God has created you for. God will use the waiting period to help you and remove all these hindrances. This deliverance is extremely necessary.
- God wants to prepare you for marriage (if it is His will for your life). Not everyone is called to be married, but if you are, the wait will be used by God to bring you to a place where you are prepared to have a blessed relationship with one man or one woman who is also focused on the kingdom of God. God wants you to walk in a blessed life and walking in this kind of life requires that you wait on God and allow Him to mold you to one day be ready to have an honorable relationship which is a marriage. Not just any marriage but one sanctioned and blessed by God.
These and more points are explained in my book God’s Purpose For The Wait: Restarting Life With God After A Breakup